Hair Straightening, also known as relaxing, is the opposite of perming.
You can straighten your hair chemically or you can do it with products
that temporarily tame the curls.
Hair straightening should always be performed by a professional.
Fine, lightened or colored hair requires a very mild relaxing formula.
Normal, medium-textured hair requires regular strength relaxers.
Coarse hair requires a strong or super relaxing formula.
Hair Straightening Technique & Tips:
• A hair relaxing formula is applied to the dry hair;
• The formula will be carefully combed through the hair;
• After 5 -8 minutes, the chemicals are completely rinsed
from the hair with warm water;
• A neutralizing formula is applied to the hair;
• The neutralizer is rinsed out;
• The hair is towel dried;
• A conditioner is applied to the hair;
• The relaxed hair needs to be treated with special care;
• Use a detangling/leave in conditioning product;
• Deep conditioning is a must on hair that is chemically relaxed;
• Use a moisturizing shampoo designed for chemically treated hair;
• Limit the use of hot blow dryers and hot styling tools;
• If the hair is severely damaged, do not to apply a chemical relaxer
until the hair is recovered;
• A strong relaxing treatment will last up to 6 months;
• The hair should be relaxed no more than every three months;
• Wait 2-4 weeks before your color your hair.
For more info, download Hair Straightening, a free ebook.